GARDENING TO-DO LIST
- Plant tomatoes by the middle of the month for a spring harvest. Plant peppers, okra, cucumbers, eggplant, climbing spinach and more. Use Cottonseed Meal or a liquid organic fertilizer like MicroLife Ocean Harvest for an abundant and healthy harvest.
- Plant fruit trees, shade trees, and ornamental trees. Be sure to apply mulch around the root zone to keep moist and avoid weeds. Make sure trees are watered regularly during first few years of growth, while tree is getting established. Add mycorrhizae to planting hole to also aid establishment of the tree. Use Super Thrive or Root Stimulator every few weeks for the first three months after planting.
- Plant shrubs such as roses and azaleas. Use Super Thrive or Root Stimulator every two weeks for the first few months after planting.
- Plant Sun Perennials Shasta daisy, rudbeckia, gaillardia, verbena, coreopsis, lantana, perennial salvias, bee balm, porterweed, mist flower, jatropha, skullcap are some of the many we offer.
- Plant colorful shade perennials like firespike, shrimp plant, Persian shield, leopard plant, cat whiskers, ruellias, turk’s cap, sweet potato vine, creeping jenny, and many more!
- Plant color annuals such as marigolds, fuchsias, petunias, osteospermum, perilla, bachelor buttons, coleus, forget-me-nots, dusty millers, annual phlox, geraniums, impatiens, begonias and more!
- Start seeds or set out plants for spring flowers and herbs. Plant now and get established before heat sets in. Good herbs to plant include basil, dill, chives, cilantro, fennel, oregano, mint and parsley. (Come on in and see our wide selection). Use a dilute solution of Kelp Me Kelp You to improve vigor.