Organizations we support:
The Texas Nursery & Landscape Association (TNLA) represents all aspects of the Green Industry in Texas. Buchanan’s Native Plants is a member.
A community-focused organization dedicated to educating property owners, horticulturists, gardeners, landscapers on the benefits of organics.
Urban Harvest is a nonprofit organization dedicated to growing gardens and enriching lives. Promotes education, community gardens, farmers’ markets, permaculture, gardening classes and more.
An all-volunteer nonprofit civic organization which promotes and fosters friendship, goodwill, and community spirit, within and around the Houston Heights.
The NPST promotes research, conservation and utilization of native plants and plant habitats of Texas through education, outreach, and example.
General Plant & Gardening Information
- Buchanan’s Plant Care and Tip Sheet Library
- Texas Tree Selection Guide
- Landscape Texas – Lawn & Garden Problem Solver
- GardenLine with Randy Lemmon – News Radio 740 KTRH
- Harris County Extension Service
- Howard Garrett, the “Dirt Doctor”
- Texas A&M University “Aggie Horticulture”
- Texas Superstar Plants
- The Tomato Problem Solver (Texas A&M Horticulture)
- Vegetable Variety Selector (Texas A&M Horticulture)
- Fruit Tree Pruning
- Crape Myrtle Pruning Do’s & Don’ts (Texas A&M Horticulture)
Local and Regional Gardening & Nature Organizations
- Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
- Armand Bayou Nature Center
- Herb Society – South Texas Unit
- Houston Bonsai Society
- Houston Cactus & Succulent Society
- Houston Rose Society
- Mercer Arboretum & Botanic Gardens
- The Houston Orchid Society
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center