We’re a great place to grow!
Buchanan’s is a great place to grow!
We’re always looking for good people!
Work in a great setting with a friendly garden center team. Buchanan’s is a great shopping experience & a fun place to work. If you love gardening and thrive in an upbeat, service-focused, outdoor environment, we may have the perfect opportunity for you!
Nursery Manager – Full Time
Cashiers – Full Time & Part Time
You’re the kind of person that loves engaging with other people: You’re never shy about talking to customers. Smiling just comes natural to you! You always want to make a great impression to customers and your co-workers. You love to promote a culture of inclusivity in the workplace. You have experience managing a group and can prioritize tasks efficiently.
You’re looking for a full-time job and are available to work weekends. Heat and rain don’t bother you because you prefer being outdoors.
Are you inexperienced working in a garden center but have a passion for plants and at least 3-5 years’ managerial or retail experience? Tell us your story and we’ll happily consider your application!
PTO, Medical, Vision, Dental and 401K Matching are available!
Nursery Manager Position Purpose:
- To effectively and efficiently direct the day-to-day operations and activities of the garden center with the goal of helping create maximum sales and profitability.
- Take active steps to promote culture of inclusivity.
- To supervise and maintain inventory quality and quantity, product mix.
- To work with department leads to establish relationships with vendors, finding new suppliers.
- To maintain a clean, neat, organized and professionally pleasing facility.
- To set the pace for achieving company goals.
- Back-Up Manager and Manager on Duty in absence of Garden Center Manager.
Cashier Job Description
You’re the kind of person that loves engaging with other people: You’re never shy about talking to strangers. Smiling just comes natural to you! You always want to make a great impression on customers and make sure they feel welcome and taken care of. Manners are important to you both in face-to-face encounters and on the phone. In fact, juggling phone calls and the customer standing in front of you in a professional manner is a skill you’ve mastered. You’re never too busy to make sure a customer gets exactly what they need.
You’re computer savvy and have two years of register experience. Handling cash, making calculations and properly counting back change is no problem for you. You like keeping things tidy and will make sure that between customers you keep the register areas tidy and stocked with cashier supplies. Plus, you’re independently motivated: You don’t need someone reminding you about your daily duties.
You might have some gardening experience…but if you don’t then you at least have an interest in learning. You’re not afraid to be honest when you don’t know the answer and have no problem linking the customer up with sales staff that can help. You’re looking for a part time or full time job and are available to work weekends. Heat and rain don’t bother you because you prefer being outdoors.
Are you inexperienced on the register but have a passion for wanting to work at an independent garden center? Tell us your story and we’ll happily consider your application!
Download Employment Application
(In Acrobat PDF Format – Opens in a new window)
- Buchanan’s Native Plants of Houston is one of the leaders in the garden center industry and a member of the Texas Nursery & Landscape Association (TNLA).
- Our reputation makes us an employer of choice for gardening professionals and experienced amateur gardeners alike.
- All team members receive training in the latest native plant information and organic gardening techniques. Full-time staff may qualify for vacation and insurance benefits.
- We prefer you apply in person — come in and fill out an application (you may attach your resume) or print from the link above and bring it in. You may also send your application in advance by fax or email.
Fax to: 713-864-6008, Attn: Employment
Email: ops@BuchanansPlants.com and use “Employment” in the subject line.
Buchanan’s is a great place to grow.