Buchanan’s Native Plants provides the best quality and widest selection of Organic and Natural Plant Care Products available. We also favor products made right here in Texas. We believe in the basic principle of organic gardening: “Keep Your Soil Happy.” Organic products work to feed the microbes in your soil and the microbes in turn feed your plants. You’ll have healthier, stronger plants with organically enriched, well-draining “happy” soil.
Product Highlight: DIG Irrigation System
DIG’s drip irrigation is a low volume watering process that reduces your water use. This process utilizes an assortment of DIG products to accommodate nearly any layout. Check out how you can be water smart in our plant care shed and have your DIG installation done by our provider, Dan Hogan. For more information about our installation service you can email us at Drip@BuchanansPlants.com or download our drip installation brochure (pdf) here.
Happy Frog Organic Fertilizers.
Happy Frog® Fertilizers are pH-balanced with premium organic ingredients like bat guano, kelp meal, bone meal, feather meal and other beneficial microbes to help convert fertilizers into vital plant food and enhance disease-resistance.
- Happy Frog Tomato & Vegetable 7-4-5 has an optional ratios between nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium that allows the plant to feed vigorously while producing abundant high quality fruit. Added calcium helps prevent blossom end rot and build stronger cell walls, making plants more disease resistant.
- Happy Frog Fruit & Flower 5-8-4 is designed to supply essential nutrients for luscious fruit and flower development. Encourages vigorous root systems, robust bud size, and multiple branching. Expect brighter colors, spellbinding scents, and delicious flavors, all thanks to the extra boost that comes from the micronutrients and living organisms.
- Happy Frog All Purpose 5-5-5 is ready-to-use, pH balanced blend of natural fertilizers. Some ingredients allow for instantly available nutrition, while others deliver slow-release nitrogen over time. Highly recommended for vegetable gardens, annual and perennial flower gardens, ornamental plantings, and all types of container gardening.
Medina Humate Liquid Humus
Great for our clay soils!
Excellent amendment for breaking up and improving clay and compact soils. Medina Humate is a liquid humus for gardening enthusiasts that want to build the quality and structure of their soil without using harmful chemicals. Very concentrated. Unique Features: • Improves moisture retention • Enhances nitrogen and nutrient release • Increases exchange capacity and buffering properties • Provides micro and macro nutrients • Improves chelation of elements into usable nutrients for plants • Improves soils physical properties • Holds exchangeable plant nutrients
Are you prepared for mosquito season?
- The Patio Egg is a safe & effective way to deter mosquitoes & other biting insects from your patio and other outdoor living areas. DEET free.
- Amazon Lights is made from aromatic essential oils of Brazilian Andiroba, citronella, rosemary & thyme. Available in incense sticks, cones & candles.
- EcoSmart Mosquito Fogger organically kills & repels mosquitoes & other flying insects.
- Mosquito Bits & Dunks are a biological control for mosquitoes in the larval development stage. Add to ponds, standing water, pots, saucers, etc.
- Mosquito Beater granules are nontoxic, biodegradable & pleasantly scented. Contain geranium oil, cedar oil, lemon grass oil, garlic & citronella oil.
- Garlic Spray is considered an effective mosquito repellent.
- Nature’s Guide Cedar granules repels mosquitoes by overloading their senses.
Find more information on mosquito control from ‘The Dirt Doctor’ Howard Garrett here.
Add carbon to your soil
Biochar is a highly-absorbent carbon-rich soil additive that is resistant to decomposition, improving soil quality and plant growth while sequestering carbon. It can be used as a soil amendment or supplement before planting, tilled into the soil after planting, used as a top dressing with compost and mulch, or suspended in water and applied in liquid form.
The Endo and Ectomycorrhizal Inoculant Blend of Rhizanova® Tree Transplant reduces risk of plant loss, improves plant establishment and growth, promotes water and nutrient uptake. Used at planting to inoculate trees and shrubs with beneficial mycorrhizal fungi. These are naturally occurring microorganisms that form symbiotic relationships with plants and greatly increase root surface area absorption via hyphal strands that extend beyond the plant’s feeder roots. Mycorrhizae are especially beneficial for increasing water & nutrient uptake, particularly phosphorus which has low soil mobility.
MicroLife™ Organic Fertilizer
A superior, long lasting, all organic, biological fertilizer that promotes sound plant and soil health. Granulated, homogenized with 2% Fe, 70 trace minerals, enzymes and beneficial microorganisms, including Endo and Ecto Mycorrhizal. All purpose, it can be used on lawns and flower beds. Granulated, homogenized with iron and trace minerals, enzymes and beneficial microorganisms.
EEeek! What is wrong with my plant?
Bring in a leaf sample (in a baggie, please). The heat and the rain have created a lot of issues for many plants. Insects, fungus, leaf and root problems abound. We can help. Our staff will check out the problem and recommend the best course of action. Often, it is as simple as spraying the plant off with water or using a soap solution (as in the case of aphids). Pictured: Citrus Leaf miner.