Buchanan’s Native Plants has been serving Houston gardeners since 1986. Located in the historic Houston Heights, the garden center is dedicated to native plants and organic gardening. You will find the best selections of hardy natives as well as perennials, herbs, vegetables, trees, shrubs & roses — all suited to the Houston climate.
Thank you for 30 years of gardening with us!
Join us! 30th Anniversary Celebration – October 1 from 10am-4pm
Your gardening success is our top priority! Whether you garden is mostly sun or shade, with dry or wet conditions, our friendly, knowledgeable staff can help you choose the best plants and organic gardening supplies for your Houston landscape needs. Click here to meet our staff
Visit Buchanan’s to find:
- Color – premium annuals & hardy perennials for instant garden color, locally grown.
- Roses – including antiques, Earth Kind, and Knock Out Roses, grown in Texas.
- Herbs & Vegetables – year-round seasonal selections including heirloom varieties — all locally grown.
- Fruits – citrus trees, berries, figs and more.
- Trees & Shrubs – native species and other adapted varieties for Houston.
- Tropicals – blooming houseplants, cactus, succulents, orchids.
- Organics – gardening products and fertilizers.
- Soils, compost, mulch — organic and locally sourced.
- Garden Pottery – glazed, terra cotta in all shapes, sizes & colors.
- Birding Supplies – including feeders, bird seed.
- Gifts & Home Decor – visit the Bungalow and be amazed.
- Garden accents – statuary, fountains, wind chimes, benches, seasonal decor.