GARDENING TO-DO LIST
- Plant Vegetables from transplants like broccoli, cauliflower, strawberries, collards, and lettuce.
- Plant Seeds for lettuce, radish, and carrots. Begin seeding spring tomatoes inside.
- Plant Rosebushes in prepared soil where they receive 6-8 full hours of sun every day. Prune rosebushes in February.
- Plant Fruiting Plants such as blueberries and blackberries; it is a good time to get them established.
- Focus on cool-season color such as pansies and violas, snapdragons, and dianthus. Get green Foxgloves, hollyhocks, larkspur, poppies, and delphiniums in your beds now for a gorgeous Spring show.
- Plant Spring flowering trees and shrubs such as redbuds, fringe trees, Mexican plums, azaleas, and spirea. Now is a great time to plant.