Organizations we support:
|TNLA – Texas Nursery and Landscape Association
The Texas Nursery & Landscape Association (TNLA) represents all aspects of the Green Industry in Texas. Buchanan’s Native Plants is a member.
|OHBA – Organic Horticulture Benefits Alliance
A community focused organization dedicated to educating property owners, horticulturists, gardeners, landscapers on the benefits of organics.
Urban Harvest is a nonprofit organization dedicated to growing gardens and enriching lives. Promotes education, community gardens, farmer’s markets, permaculture, gardening classes and more.
|Houston Heights Association
An all-volunteer non-profit civic organization which promotes and fosters friendship, goodwill and community spirit, within and around the Houston Heights.
|Native Plant Society of Texas (NPST)
The NPST promotes research, conservation and utilization of native plants and plant habitats of Texas through education, outreach and example.
General Plant & Gardening Information
- Buchanan’s Plant Care and Tip Sheet Library
- Texas Tree Selection Guide
- Landscape Texas – Lawn & Garden Problem Solver
- GardenLine with Randy Lemmon – News Radio 740 KTRH
- Harris County Extension Service
- Howard Garrett, the “Dirt Doctor”
- Texas A&M University “Aggie Horticulture”
- Texas Superstar Plants
- The Tomato Problem Solver (Texas A&M Horticulture)
Local and Regional Gardening & Nature Organizations
- Houston Arboretum & Nature Center
- Armand Bayou Nature Center
- Herb Society – South Texas Unit
- Houston Bonsai Society
- Houston Cactus & Succulent Society
- Houston Rose Society
- Mercer Arboretum & Botanic Gardens
- The Houston Orchid Society
- Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
Wildlife, Birds & Butterflies
- Cockrell Butterfly Center at the Houston Museum of Natural Science
- Common Texas Insects
- Texas Birder – Gary Clark & Kathy Adams Clark
- Birdfeeding Basics
- National Wildlife Federation Backyard Wildlife Habitat Project
- Monarch Watch
- Houston Audubon Society
- North American Butterfly Association